Monday, April 22, 2019

Chapter 53

7 – The Eternity of Kaliarya Ignis – 13

 

After this, I immediately moved on to the next world.

The magic square, with its mysterious patterns, started to shine before bursting out with light and disappearing. Inside the darkness, this scene was particularly distinct. It was so clear in spite of the fact that my eyes were closed. What a mystery.

While I was thinking so, something fell on my feet.  

 

*pitter-patter*

 

I slowly opened my eyes and found out that my feet were standing on a puddle. Countless drops of water were falling from above my head and crashing on the water surface before disappearing.

Was it raining? Realizing that I had become internally discouraged without noticing it, a sigh escaped my lips.

 

It wasn’t “the day” I had met Ilya. If it had been that day, I would have been in my bird form, flying across the sky. And I would have heard a singing voice coming from afar.

But not a single detail corresponded. This place seemed to be a back alley, a place I was seeing for the first time. Nearby, there was a store where you could eat, but the leftover food was scattered around, giving off an offensive smell. As it was raining, there were no stray dogs or cats, but some strange insects without feet or arms were crawling on the ground.

 

Was it once again a world where Ilya didn’t exist? As this thought suddenly crossed my mind, I became unable to step forward. Unable to even move my body, a helpless sentiment of impuissance overcame me and I sneered at myself with ridicule.

 

Despite the fact that I wanted to look for Ilya by all means, the fear that was nested in the depths of my chest was turning me into a coward.

What should I do if she doesn’t exist again? What should I do if I lose her once again? What should I do if I’m left behind all alone once again…….?

It was ridiculous to shrink back just because I was thinking of things that hadn’t even happened yet, but it wasn’t impossible that they would happen.

That’s why I took several deep breaths, trying to pretend to be calm. It will surely be fine. This time, it’ll be fine. Everything is gonna be fine. Perfectly fine.

 

I... was fine.

 

Exhorting my trembling legs, I finally took a step forward. The moment I did so, a curious sight appeared in the corner of my field of vision.

 

It was a black mass.

 

At last, did I come across something that didn’t belong to this world?

Rather than feeling amazed, there was something that strangely convinced me that I couldn’t take my eyes off it. When I stared at it, a strange sound came from the black mass. “...e...”

I immediately realized that it was a moan. It was a small voice that couldn’t be heard if I didn’t strain my ears as the streaks of pouring rain intensified, but it clearly belonged to a human.

As I approached, I saw two stretched-out arms. I reflexively looked around us, but there was no one in sight. In the first place, what time was it now? Because of the rain, it was dim. But it wasn’t completely dark, so it might not be night yet. Anyway, even though we were in a back alley, looking at the silence that was ruling this place, I could tell it wasn’t a period of time when people were active.

 

“... .... p”

 

A person, who was lying down here in such a place at such a time, wasn’t normal.

Seeing their state, this person couldn’t have arrived here by themselves, so they must have been abandoned by someone. I guessed they must have had their own circumstances.

I continued to draw near, wondering what the hell happened to them. Their moans turned into clear words and resounded in my ears.

 

“...Hel...p.”

 

Simply put, it was a voice I knew. I didn’t even need to confirm the face. Just one word was enough to move my heart. As if it was beaten by a hammer.

Immediately, my lips chewed on the air and my tongue became entwined. Words wouldn’t come out well. The sound of the rain seemed to weave its way through a gap in the silence and made my eardrums quiver.

I didn’t know how long it took, but pronouncing that single word was extremely difficult.

 

“.... Alright.”

 

The word that, at long last, got through my trembling lips was too brief. It felt like my voice came out before my heart could catch up.

Nevertheless, my legs, my feet, my hands moved on their own and tightly held her curled back. I had missed these swaying shoulders. Seeing the bruises on her slender neck, I had trouble breathing as I wondered what had happened. Her thin and emaciated jaw and cracked lips. What were her dispirited eyes looking at? They loitered around as if her vision was wavering.

I felt a sense of déjà-vu, probably because she closely resembled the girl who I spent time with in the brothel. But “that girl” was no longer a person of this world. To begin with, “that girl” didn’t exist in “this world.”

 

Was I sad, or was it alright for my heart to be so shaken by this reunion with “another girl who had the same face as her”?

 

 “....Cr...ow....?”

 

For a second, I heard a voice so quiet that I thought I had misheard it. Such a fleeting voice completely overturned my world. It lit a lonely light in this unending and deep darkness. It was a small light, so small I might lose sight of it even if I stared at it, but it was accompanied by a power strong enough to shine throughout the world.

My name had just been called. It was only that, and yet...

 

“Crow,”

 

The first time I thought I misheard, but this time, I clearly heard my name being called.

Her eyes filled with a mysterious emotion stared at my face. It looked like she clearly knew who the person hugging her was.

 

“.... I finally found you,”

 

I wondered which one of us eventually whispered this. Did I say this? Did she say this? Who was the seeker and who was the finder?

I strongly embraced her body which seemed likely to break even now. Though I intended to be careful not to crush her, sure enough, Ilya let out a seemingly pained voice along with a questioning sigh, “...You... were looking for me....?”

I only nodded and observed her. The rims of her sunken eyes were abnormally blackened. I knew what that meant.

 

...... Why? Because it was the distinct color humans on the brink of death showed. The so-called shadow of death.

 

Ilya was already in the grip of death. Although I couldn’t make a diagnosis of what was wrong, my nose was very sensitive to the stink of death, and her eyes were reflecting the vivid color of death.

 

“I... have been looking for you....”

 

Maybe she became impatient because I wasn’t answering her, but she earnestly shared her thoughts.

 

“I looked and looked, but it was useless... Always, you were nowhere... Then I stopped looking... Because I was lonely, afraid, and sad... I couldn’t help it.”

 

Her wheezing voice gasping for breath mixed with strange noises let me know she was scolding me. I understood her feelings painfully well. Because I had been the same.

Even though in truth she didn’t exist there, I searched around worlds, chasing after Ilya’s phantoms. That pain, that sadnesswho else could understand it?

 

How good would it have been, if I had stopped looking for her already?

 

“But, you did it right... You found me.”

 

Um, um, I said mechanically. When I tried to speak, it wasn’t words that came out, but sobbing. Though I wasn’t crying, that’s what it sounded like, for some reason.

 

“Hey, Crow...”

 

Did you know? She asked close to my ears. Even though she was on the verge of dying, gasping for breath, her fingers strongly gripped my robe. They were oozing blood. Her long nails were broken, telling me she hadn’t been living in an environment where she could fix them.

 

“There... was a meaning. There was... a reason.... why I wasn’t loved”

 

I didn’t understand what she meant. She abruptly cut in with this story without any logical context. But she spoke up as if we had indeed been talking about love until just now.

 

“So, I have never been loved by anyone.... I wasn’t loved.... because... there was a reason...”

 

“From now on, surely, it would remain like this... was what I thought....”

 

You’re wrong. I opened my mouth in an attempt to deny it, but she narrowed her eyes to rein me in. Even though the sun couldn’t be seen, her face remained dazzling as she continued.

 

“But now it’s alright.”

 

She said so in a long breath, then she stared at my face. Raindrops fell in her big eyes and cast a soft light in them, as if they were two submerged jewels shining at the bottom of a river. 

 

 “Because, you...”

 

“...love...”

 

“...me, right?”

 

The rain became stronger and the sound of the water hitting the ground intensified.

The sky was darker than earlier and cast a deep shadow between us. Unless we looked at each other’s faces from a very, very close range we couldn’t read each other’s expression.

When I tried to bring my face closer to hers, her breath hit my cheek. Although Ilya was so hollow her appearance had changed, to me it still looked like she hadn’t changed. Despite the fact that her dignity had been trampled upon, above all, she retained a beauty no one could steal.

 

“Wait, Ilya...”

 

If it’s now, if it happens this instant, it doesn’t matter if her eyes become two beads of glass again. Even if they completely lose all their light, I’ll be able to laugh. I don’t want to remember anything else, so please let Ilya’s face be the only thing engraved in my mind. So that from now on, she’ll be the only thing I’ll remember.

 

This way, I’ll always be able to dream while I’m lost in the infinite time that goes on forever.

 

Because I’ll see you in my dream even during daytime. I will no longer have to look for you.

 

 “.... Wait... wait, please wait...”

“Cr...ow...”

“Not yet, no wait... wait... Ilya.... Ilya....”

 

Just a few minutes more, no, even a few seconds are fine. A bit more, please, stay with me for just a bit longer. 

 

Despite this wish, she was dying.

 

“Sorry, Crow...”

 

Her breath hit the depths of my ears. I knew her end was drawing near. Yet, I continued to repeat “wait” like an idiot. Even though I knew it was a wish that no longer could be granted.

 

“Drug... even though... you took the pain to.... brought some to me... I...it looks like it’s...  already.... too late for me...”

“...Wh-what...?”

 

“But, I...I’ll be alright as long... as you’re here.... it’s true................ Cr....ow..........”

 

Drops by drops, the tears rolled down and fell from my eyes. Unable to fight against gravity, they fell one after the other. Or maybe not. Maybe it was simply the raindrops that slid along my cheeks.

At the exact moment Ilya lost her life, the rain seemed to intensify. After a flash of light that split apart the world, thunder rang out in the distance.

 

“Ilya....”

 

I thought I had misheard her. So, while I was crying, I made an astonished expression and waited for her next words.

 

What... did you say? Just now, what...?

 

Her mouth was opened as if she was about to give me precious information.

But she had stopped breathing at some point. Her eyes that were gazing at me seemed like even now they wanted to tell me something. The pupils that had lost their light, were reflecting a deep darkness.

 

“Ilya, just now, what did you say?”

 

.......... Drug...? Drug, you mean....”

 

“You remember?”

 

About that closed little world? About the excessively short time we spent together in that brothel?

I remember feeding medicine several times to that girl who was so weak she was beyond saving. This expensive drug was hard to come by. Even though it couldn’t prolong her life, I hoped it could let Ilya sleep well for a bit.

 

The version of her at that time, should have been a different Ilya. Did she daydream during her dying moments? But be as it may...

 

“Cruel.”

 

So cruel. To say it at this late hour. Dying without giving me an answer. Leaving me behind once again.

 

“Kill me...”

 

Someone please, end me. Twist my neck, stab my heart with a knifeevery means is fine. If you do me this favor, everything will become easier. But...

 

“..... I don’t want to die.......”

 

The sobs that clumsily escaped my mouth were drowned by thunder that conveniently struck at this moment.

I didn’t want to die, because if I truly did, I’d never find Ilya again. So, I absolutely couldn’t afford to die. Because I couldn’t die, I had to live.

 

Yet, living was scary.

 

I once again hugged Ilya who had lost all her strength. I could only look as warmth was escaping from her skinny limbs. Even though I finally found her. Yet. She died.

 

“What should I do, to save you.....? What should I do, to let you live....?”

 

I noticed that I was crying out loud, sobbing convulsively like a child.

I put Ilya’s hand, which had become completely cold, on my cheek. Although I was the one hugging her body, for some reasons, it felt like I was the one being embraced.

 

.........You… love… me, right?

 

Ilya, who had craved for love, who had longed to be loved by someone to such an extent. That girl, who couldn’t believe in anyone, who was full of suspicion and wariness. When she had said those words, she was convinced she was loved.

However, I knew the feelings I harbored for Ilya couldn’t be summarized in such a simple and beautiful term. This attachment was surely something very disgusting and ugly to the point that no one would want to look at it; it was a crazy obsession that had nothing to do with calmness and rationality.

While I said I’d save her, there was actually nothing I could give her. On the contrary, I was the one who needed to be saved. Rather, I just kept wishing for more things.

 

Do not die. Live. Stay by my side. Don’t leave me.

 

Don’t cry, smile, be happy.

 

I kept wishing for more, yet you won’t ask anything from me.  

 


Chapter 52                                                                 Chapter 54


71 comments:

  1. Mwawawa sounds like trying to laught but ending up in tears

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. N-not at all, it's my Machiavellian laugh because I'm a S, n-not at all because I'm crying, baka

      Delete
  2. Ilya, accept it. You love Crow instead of shit Soleil. If they become together in final chapter of the web novel, i will kill the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Their feelings is mutual!

      Delete
    2. Ilya said she couldn't stop loving Soleil but I wonder about that. If that was the case, after all she went through, that would really be a crazy love.

      Delete
    3. I feel like rather than loving Soleil, Ilya has an obsession with him because in her first life he was the closest person she thought could possibly come to love her due to their engagement, the kindness he showed her as a child, and her own personal desire for someone to love her. He just continued to be her obsession/focus in her later lives.

      Delete
    4. I remember her looking for Crow in one of her lives. She said there was only one person who understood her, one person who she wanted to be by her side, but she said she couldn’t find that person. She was looking for Crow for some of her lives when it was mentioned she was reading books of all kinds. Al once asked her what she was looking for and she said she doesn’t know what she was looking for this why she was reading everything. I’m glad there’s at least one person who was on her side without any hesitation. I wish the author just put us through an ansty slow burn romance. I wish Crow and Ilya ends up together happy, whether happy in the real world or happy in the afterlife together

      Delete
    5. I don't really care who she end up with and she probably won't have a happy ending, but please not with Soleil, no matter how he would change I still hate and resent him with all my might. I completelly agree with you

      Delete
  3. Uwahhh no no. I cried again.... There's no scene like this in Ilya's pov. Oh ... Such a tease, author ....

    Indeed, Crow is the best boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe Ilia was talking about this scene as one of the many ends she met.
      She deffinitely talked about dying out in the rain, weak and alone, when she met Crow just at the end, for the first time in that life.

      Delete
    2. It corresponds to chapter 23, she told us this encounter near the end of that chapter

      Delete
    3. Oh really? I'll go check right away!

      Delete
  4. >When I tried to bring my face closer to hers, her breath hit my cheek
    most likely he tried to kiss her buy he couldn't. FUCK!
    I WANT A KISS SCENE TO SEE BETWEEN ILYA X CROW. I HOPE WE WILL SEE <3

    >I knew the feelings I harbored for Ilya couldn’t be summarized in such a simple and beautiful term. This attachment was surely something very disgusting and ugly to the point no one would want to look at it.
    what are you talking about, best boy? your love gave her a light. YOUR LOVE IS BEST MEDICINE FOR HER. YOUR LOVE EVEN IS MOST VALUABLE FROM HER SHİT FAMİLY AND FİANCE SO PLEASE DON'T SPEAK BAD THİNGS ABOUT YOUR PURE LOVE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he get close because her voice is barely audible, but who am I to break your long awaited kiss scene? A sadist? Ah, yes, that's true ^^

      Delete
  5. How many more times do we have to see Ilya die? To see Crow find her only to watch her die? Again and again, we just want them to have a happy ending please 😭😭😭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There should be something happening at her mother's funeral, and her "final" death when Saion fights Soleil. I don't remember if I missed anything else?

      Delete
  6. Right in the heart. My god. Love doesn't have to be all butterflies and sunshine. But man we need some of that for these 2. Ilya just needs to admit she lives crow and not soiel or whatever his name is so that Crow and her can run away and live together and be HAPPY for once. But let us see... Since her starting point changed. Let us see how Crow saves her. Also, since he's moving to a different world.worl, is he just moving his conscious like Ilya or his entire being and effectively killing off his alternate universe personality???
    Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Soleil. There is one usefulness for his name : it means Sun in French. Remember it and you'll have learnt one word of a foreign language! Woouuuu

      And I wonder if it isn't Crow who makes her starting point change? Since she saw his feather before going back in time (which should be impossible, so I hope he didn't sacrificed himself or something for this shit)

      He should be erasing his alternate self's personality I guess? Like Ilya does.

      Delete
  7. I was hoping it would be another chapter that wasn't quite as sad. But nope. The author likes to swim in the readers' sea of tears, bask in the rain falling from our eyes. I want Crow and Ilya to be happy. Both constantly searching for another, only to end up finding each other when Ilya's past the point of saving. Oomf.

    Thank you for the translations! Til the next sorrowful encounter. T-T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Has there been even a single chapter that wasn't sad in this novel? ^^ You're very optimistic

      Delete
  8. No matter what happens I hope she won't love Soleil anymore. She would be very crazy to still do so.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ho-how ilya in such states?!?
    author you were too awful to make your character suffer!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I marathoned this and I couldn't stop crying all day. Good thing I'm alone in my workplace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marathoning this series is harmful to your health, a cure of fluffy novel is recommended to heal

      Delete
  11. Damn I just had a fanfic idea where Crow become a teacher at the academy and chat and support Ilya in no-so-secret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to see that. And see Crow bulling Silvia while he is at it

      Delete
  12. T-T WAAAAAAHHHH!!!! I marathoned this since yesterday from start to current and now I wish I'd put my reading on hold more. Our poor Ilya and Crow need a damn break! I hope he can save her. He is the only person who deserves her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. :') the pain is real..... Lord please let them be happy I want a happy end. If this series ends in tragedy hoooboi I dont know what will happen to my mental state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. between today and yesterday I read all the chapters so far and I feel very strongly
      I have stress, my heart hurts and I am so sad that I respond angry to people, if there is no happy ending I commit suicide after killing the author
      You can interpret that I say it in jest, maybe what about the suicide and the murder of the author could be, but I really feel very depressed

      Delete
    2. Take care of your health, read fluffy stories with cats and get better. You mustn't resort to killing. Locking up the author and making her finish the story is a better option

      Delete
  14. After Ilia asked Crow "you love me, right?" I was sitting in our dining hall with my brother beside me so i instantly ran to my room and sobbed...dammit binge reading this novel got my eyes swollen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here, have a cookie. Sweet is good for healing the bitterness in your heart.

      Delete
  15. I STILL BELIEVE IN A HAPPY ENDING!!
    Maybe I'm foolish for thinking this but I truly believe there still hope.

    It took me a span of 3 days to read this b/c I had other things to do but, I'm glad it did. I kept on thinking about the plot even as I was half asleep just to try in solve the mystery.

    1)I think there's something more the the doctor's that appear in the novel. Wouldn't it be crazy if the doctor that treats llya is the same one that treated Crow? It legit feels like it's possible that the doctor that help Crow IS in fact God. Plus I found it weird that the doctor is the ONLY one that help and comforts llya.
    2)I took note that in Soleid prespective he couldn't talk to llya about his true feelings. Saying "it's almost like a force that prevented me from this world" and you know how every time they change worlds something changes. What if he couldn't speak b/c it wasn't his world and not b/c it being a curse er something?
    3) Also found it increasingly weird how they kept calling llya "princess" both her mom and Crow did this.Why?

    Btw sis if this s*it ends up in a bad note someone's gonna end up shanked....or a really long email to the author with complains used with Google translate to Japanese. I look forward to the next chapter tho
    ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I never considered the possibility of the doctor being the same person, it's an interesting idea. The author loves to uses small details from previous chapter to twist the story, so it's not impossible (well, seeing how slow he/she is at writing, I wonder if she knows where she is going)
      The same remarks goes for Soleil being prevented to speak up due to this strange force and the use of "princess." We never know which detail could be reused later on.
      I'm afraid the author will be hunt down by many people if this story doesn't end well......

      Delete
  16. I had flu since Monday, almost 5 days. My nose couldn't help, and breath was so difficult, maybe crying will help. It would clear my nose from the excessive water from my heart (? this story make me poetic, and English is not even my mother language)
    Bad choice. My heart is broken, more like squeezed.
    I marathoned this novel since Monday, cried, and still sick. But now, sick from the flu and from the broken heart.
    Where is the fanfictions about Crow and Ilya? I need sweetness, I need diabetes, I need something!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever find the fanfic, please share! I think everyone need them!
      I should put a warning somewhere, not to binge-read this... everyone end up broken... oh wait, I'm supposed to be a S, let's let people be heartbroken! Mwawawawawawa

      Delete
  17. Ahora toca esperar al autor. Gracias por los capítulos.
    Voy a un rincón a seguir llorando por Ilya y Crow. ��

    ReplyDelete
  18. Every time after I read this, I feel like a masochist. But still I'm reading hoping that at some point the stepmother author will take pity on Ilya, Crowe and the readers and make a happy ending to this sad tale.

    ReplyDelete
  19. T-T I'm dying waiting for the next chapter. I wound up accidentally rereading part of this chapter and wound up crying again. Our two cinnamon rolls deserve better than this; they've lived too long and gone through too much to not get their happiness. She better not die again he has to be allowed to save her this time and take her away.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I caught up. What am I supposed to do now? �� author-sama please hurry up, I wan't to know what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the let's-all-wait-till-death-do-us-part club. We have annual subscriptions for one cookie a month! Sign up now and you'll get a special discount: free tissues!

      Delete
  21. So sad nobody knows how crow looks like in his human form (except the things that where mentioned in the early chapters), damn that author why are only Ilya, Soleil, Silvia and crows wing's seen in the header ugh I wanna see his human form so bad.��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever see my reply, look up, I put his picture at the end of the chapter.

      Delete
  22. I don't really care who Ilya ends up with but atleast make Silvia and Soleil meet their just desserts.

    Actually when Silvia was pregnant and saw Ilya's body hanging, got a sign of miscarriage, I was elated. I know it's wrong to have an unborn child suffer but this novel awakened the sleeping sadist in me. What's more is that it's not even enough. If they're going to redeem Silvia by someway or another by all means it's fine but she had to follow the procedure;

    SHE HAS TO SUFFER FIRST.

    If you think that those little snippets of Silvia caring or loving Ilya would be enough to tug my heartstrings and bring tears to my eyes, sorry but my flood gates (eyes) are still busy crying for Ilya.

    If she (Silvia) wants me to cry for her, she might as well pour alcohol into my eyes because I'm having none of it.

    For Soleil, pretty much the same as above. If the author did manage to make them suffer, basing from my experience, I know the author wouldn't disappoint and would have given Satan a run for his money.

    She had been a sadist for 4 years now while I've just awakened mine I'm sure that she's going to blow my expectations the same way she blew my expectations of Ilya having a happy ending.

    This is what happens when you binge read this novel.

    PS: I know it's popular but do you have digital version of your rope? I'd like to purchase 2 of them.

    #HateSilvia
    #HateSoleil
    #SisterF***ker
    #Suffering

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Binge-reading this story is armful to your mental health. I'll put up a notice.
      Here, 2 digital ropes, that'll be 3 cookies. Thanks you for your patronage.

      Delete
    2. I'll help Silvia and Soleil tie the knot. If you know what I mean.

      Delete
    3. Lol hahaha

      But I get what you're trying to say. Although I can't help but wish for Soliel to finally have something for her and regret everything cause (I hope) by that time, she would be happy in the arms of someone else.

      I still am curious though as to why she would go all out to save Silvia. I know few chapters back that she kind of loves her with the guise of hate and it was kinda similar with the situation with her and her mom. But I could never reallys see the love with her and her mother nor her and Silvia.

      Don't forget her father. I've always been a daddy's (child) that I hate her father to the core. How could be someone so inconsiderate. I do hope she had a different father or something.

      I'm dying right now, I need my medicine, which by the way is a new chapter for this story.

      Delete
    4. Even as much as hate to say it, Silvia and Soleil, were the people that had given Ilya the most affection. Silvia is the only person that considers Ilya as family but Silvia is loved the everyone, even her fiance, too much that Ilya developed an inferiority complex towards Silvia though only to the point of envy but not resentment. Soleil is the one that given Ilya her purpose in life, which gave her the push to strive to be his wife. Ilya loves Soleil so much that she'd rather lose his love than attract his hate. The trigger for his hate was Silvia being 'killed' so she decided to save her even if it meant Ilya losing the love of her life.

      Losing Silvia means losing both Soleil's and Silvia's love, but by saving Silvia she only gets to lose one. Ilya probably hated Silvia at some point but the recurrences made her realize that she is still her affectionate little sister.

      Her father is as asshole no need of further explanation.

      When it comes to Ilya's mother it's much more simpler, Ilya wants to be loved. She want to believe that some way or another that her mother loved her. Rather than hate, her mother showed her indifference. Hate is more straightforward but indifference is a middle ground. Ilya hoped that one day that the balance will tilt and that she'll show her love just as any standard mother for her children.

      That's all I can think of I hope my opinion is helpful

      PS: If you're dying right now I think a new chapter will only guarantee you dying, I wouldn't even call it euthanasia since it will only add to the torture rather than a mercy killing.

      Delete
  23. I first found this story on wattpad. I binge read. got to chapter 53 then when I reached the next page it said not updating on wattpad any more so go to novel updates or straight to you. Saw warning on top of your blog. First thought...Its a little late...All this happened today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't 3:33AM where I am. its 9:37PM

      Delete
    2. Yeah, it's my time zone that's shown when everyone post ^^

      Delete
  24. I kept rereading this and every time I reread this from chapter 1 I kept crying. I hope that crow and Ilya find each other soon and live a happy life and hope that crow be a human again in order for him to give Ilaya a family. They both need it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Will there ever be a happy ending? Wait, so was Ilya's final death when Saion fought Soleil? If so, does that basically mean there will never be a happy ending between Crow and Ilya? Noooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows, who knows... it would be great if the author could write the next chapters. Maybe, Crow's arc is needed to entangle the repetitions Ilya faces and allow her to have one last life?

      Delete
  26. The author has released a new chapter! Finally!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The author has a new chapteeer

    ReplyDelete
  28. pls translate new chapter ><

    ReplyDelete
  29. Me at 2 a.m, Ied Mubarak, not sleeping yet reading this chapter and . . .

    "You loved me, right?"

    Voila, tears flow like a river 😭

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow Crow is hot. Yes please. Crow X Ilya All the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I made it this far without crying. No longer….

    ReplyDelete
  32. Please, let´s just go to that life where she is in the forest, please tell me he saves her, please tell me that they find a way of being together. I have the horrid feeling that this will be an ending similar to "extraordinary you", where they will continue to travel through stories/worlds, suffering until finding each other, and staying together until the next story/Illya´s-death comes.

    ReplyDelete
  33. PLEASE LET THEM BE HAPPY OH MY GOD

    ReplyDelete
  34. UGH FATE CURSE YOU WHYYYYYYYYY LET THEM BE HAPPY UGH GRRRRRRRRRR

    ReplyDelete