Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Chapter 50

7 – The Eternity of Kaliarya Ignis – 10

 

I thought that the expression “to be etched into one’s mind” was surely what I was experiencing now. When I closed my eyes, I didn’t even need to search in my memory.

It wasn’t just her silhouette but her every and all of her features that I would recall. Without any real difficulty, I could always remember her, like it was the most natural thing.

It was probably because, as the expression suggested, her face has been scorched into my mind.

 

... ... That day, I had been wrong about anything and everything.

 

After I had poured cruel words on Ilya, as if showering her with cold water, I suddenly calmed down and came back to my senses. Then, with my thoughts still uncollected, I left her side without smoothing over what I had said.

I just thought it would be better to let some time pass. You could say I didn’t take anything else into consideration. Neither I nor she were in a state to have a calm conversation, as we had both been overly stimulated. She also said, “I want to be alone,” with an absent-minded expression. Even if I were to talk to her in this state, I doubt she would have heard my voice.

That’s why, in the end, I left that place, leaving behind only a few words, “I’ll come again tomorrow.” I didn’t hear any answers.

 

Not knowing what sort of situation this would bring about had been very thoughtless of me.

 

I remember having left with painful reluctance, but just like I had done when coming in, I jumped from the window and flew off into the sky. With the form of a bird, I flew in the darkness, where neither the moon nor the stars were shining.

Being alone in this wriggling ocean of pitch-black waves, I became uneasy, assaulted by the feeling that I was being abandoned. However, at the same time, I also felt that my stormy heart was quietening down.

I didn’t know how long I flew for. But, eventually, above the ground, I discovered a white light. When I strained my eyes carefully, I realized that small flowers were blooming, huddled together. They were on a little hill.

For a second, I wondered if stardust hadn’t been scattered on the ground. I laughed at myself for having had such a thought and when I went down with a bitter smile, those flowers danced with vigor. I was so fascinated by this rather phantasmatic scene that I forgot to even blink, and I suddenly remembered

 

There were her favorite white flowers.

 

I didn’t know their name, but they were simple, albeit attractive, lovely flowers. Somehow, they suited Ilya.

While thinking about this, I casually pluck one flower at my feet. Although I felt a bit pathetic, when I tried to imagine what kind of expression Ilya would make if I handed her over a bunch of these flowers, my expression softened spontaneously.

 

That’s it. Tomorrow morning, I’ll bring these flowers and I’ll visit her again.

 

I’ll apologize for saying harsh things, and I’ll listen to her story one more time.

It’s impossible to revive the past again and again. Yet, there was a possibility she misunderstood something. If we could discuss everything more properly, the facts that’d come out might be completely different.

For example, maybe she had memories of what was called her previous life, and she wasn’t going back to the past at all. After all, this possibility had much higher credibility. Even though it could be thought that everything was an illusion to begin with.

 

Anyway, we needed to talk about it one more time.

 

With that thought in mind, I picked as many flowers as I could hold in both hands.

A bouquet of only wildflowers seemed lonesome, so when morning comes, I’ll go to the flower shop to buy more flowers. She might be angry, but if I sincerely lower my head and apologize, she’ll forgive me. Even if she doesn’t, then I can simply apologize again and again.

 

As the sun rose, I went into town and bought so many flowers that I almost couldn’t hold them all. While I was at it, I aimlessly wandered around the city. It was still very early, yet the town was already awake, many shops had started their business.

It has truly been a long time since I last walked in human form among so many people, so I was pretty nervous. From time to time, the people I passed by glanced at my black robe but they didn’t say anything in particular. It seemed I had blended in successfully. 

 

For today at least, I won’t enter from the window but visit her from the front door instead.

While I was so eager to do so, I laughed a little. Even though I was merely going to see someone, fighting spirit was needed.

However, since I was about to visit a noble’s estate, I couldn’t relax my vigilance. The people who would pay a visit to Ilya and call her name were few, so the servants will probably be quite puzzled, but I had a letter of introduction from Ilya.

 

Her wry smile as she said, “Occasionally, you could come by the entrance,” crossed my mind.

While writing up a few lines, Ilya had whispered to herself, “To begin with, I wonder if others can see Crow or not...?” Not minding my absence of answer, she had smiled and said next, “As my name is written on it, you can come in just by showing this.”

Aristocrats were indeed people who placed a great emphasis on protocol and customs. I knew that, since I had lived in this world long ago. When you went to visit a noble’s estate, you couldn’t just suddenly show up and knock on the doors, saying you were an acquaintance, and hope to get invited inside. It was better to send away any suspicious individual and, in some cases, to restrain them. That’s why it was necessary to have made an appointment beforehand, or in an emergency, to have the recommendation of an appropriate person.

 

“Hm, I’m going to say I’m a friend from our time at the academy.”

 

Ilya had seemed to look forward to it. Her face had looked so innocent at that time, I remember it well. Her introduction letter was right there now.

Maybe I thought I wouldn’t have the occasion to use it. However, for today at least, I’ll appear as her “friend” and knock at the mansion doors. I wanted to show off in front of her surroundings. Show off that Ilya had allies. She wasn’t alone, there were trustworthy people by her side, and she too was a human being who relied on others.

I didn’t want her to remain someone who was robbed of everything by her sister. But, even so... Even so, if I couldn’t save Ilya... Preferably, shall I take her out of town?

 

In truth, it wasn’t good for a person like me, who existed out of “the principles of the world,” to butt in, moreover involving myself too much in her life could cause problems too.

Well, it’s not like anyone had said anything would really happen, but I thought so. However, I should no longer turn a blind eye to her situation. 

 

“.... A friend of... Madame...?”

 

The first person who interacted with me when I came to the estate was Soleil’s exclusive butler.

I had seen him from afar, but naturally, it was the first time I was facing him so close as well as having a conversation. He was a lot younger than I thought.

While making a blatantly doubtful expression, he verified the letter I had presented. Then, a slightly surprised expression appeared on his face and right after having told me to wait here, he disappeared into the depths of the mansion.

 

Left behind in the entrance hall, I wonder how long I was made to wait?

 

“The friend of my sister, is that you?”

 

The next person to appear was Ilya’s little sister. In my heart, I wondered why she was here?

But right after that, I remembered what Ilya had told me. That’s right. She was pregnant with Soleil’s child. Therefore, she was probably staying in this mansion rather than returning to her own.

As if to show that the news she was pregnant wasn’t a thoughtless remark, a girl smaller than Ilya was softly caressing her belly. She surely did that unconsciously, yet somehow, it disgusted me. Even if it’s just a casual gesture, when I thought Ilya might see it, I felt pained.

 

“Are you doubting me?”

 

Reflexively, the girl stared fixedly at my face after I said that.

I heard she was often confined to bed since her childhood, but from a complete stranger’s point of view, while she was slenderer than the average person, she wasn’t thinner.

Rather, the humans who were forced to live in utter poverty on the streets seemed much weaker to me.

 

“No. I took a look at the letter big sister has written. It is indeed her handwriting.”

 

My sister is in her room, I will guide you there, she said, behaving as if she was a person from this house.

I tilted my head in puzzlement, feeling how out of place it was for her, who was neither the master of the house nor a servant, to invite a guest in. Yet she wasn’t even aware of how unnatural and inappropriate it was.

As she walked in front of me, her back seemed overly confident and unashamed, she was showing no sign of being in someone else’s house.

 

“...These flowers, are they for my sister?”

 

The estate built for the next marquis was too spacious and wide. It couldn’t be compared to the mansion I lived in in the past. You wouldn’t be able to remember where anything was after just one visit.

As I was walking around while observing my surroundings, a shy voice came from the front.

 

“Yes. I... well. I had a quarrel with her.”

 

I didn’t know why I answered her honestly. But what spilled out of my mouth on the spur of the moment was simply the truth. I couldn’t even nuance what I said.

I didn’t know what she thought when she heard my voice, but the shoulders of the girl walking in front of me twitched, and she shrank on herself.

 

“... Is... that so?”

 

Her soft and unreliable whispering voice was trembling.

 

“I... have never quarreled with my big sister. She is always very kind to me... ...”

 

I was on the edge of speaking up to say, “Yet, taking advantage of that kindness, you had a relationship with your sister’s husband, didn’t you?” But I didn’t.

 

“... But, surely... this was only because... big sister was enduring and taking it on herself...”

 

Big sister is always like this, Sylvia started to say, before swallowing back her words.

Her face, which I was seeing from the side, had turned pale, but still, she didn’t look like she was ashamed of her own deeds.

That girl, who was making the gesture of holding her stomach with both hands as if to care for it, might already have developed her self-consciousness as a mother. She probably didn’t want her own child to be born out of her past mistakes.

 

However. Such a thing was too selfish. Besides, it was also cruel.

 

Ilya was always trying to become a good elder sister, a good wife, a good human being and to do that, she sliced off her heart.

And yet, it never paid off, not even once. She didn’t receive a single thing in reward.

 

Such a life, was way too...

 

“Pathetic.”

 

... ... Even though she was so craving affection. Even though she wanted to be loved so much.

The thing she desired the most, could never be obtained no matter what she did.

 

“... Did you say something just now?”

“...”

“?”

 

Not good. All of this, is not good.

Even if that girl hates it, I’ll take her hand and take her away from here.  

 

“... Hm, it’s here. Big sister’s room is...”

 

The place we finally arrived at was a door upon which a firm lock shone a dull light.

As I saw the door to her room for the first time, my back suddenly started to shake. The intention behind putting a lock on a door was to imprison someone inside. The subject of that imprisonment was the master of the room, the solitary Ilya.

As I always came and went from the window carefreely, I didn’t know of this lock. Now that I thought of it, didn’t her parent’s house have the same things?

As I had lost my words, Silvia’s awkward gaze unpleasantly wandered over me.

 

“Last night... she seemed to have been terribly upset so...”

 

But the lock has already been opened, she said. We weren’t sure what she might do during the night, so we locked the door just for caution’s sake, but the lock should have been opened near dawn.

In fact, the padlock installed in a high position wasn’t currently fulfilling its function but was simply dangling off the door.

Standing in front of this door, Silvia knocked carefully. The helpless knocking sound echoed in the silent corridor.

 

“... ... Big sister? You have a guest..."

 

Maybe she didn’t hear that reserved voice, as there was no answer. Yesterday night, we talked until very late, so she might still be sleeping. If so, she will be confused if she’s suddenly told she has a visitor. She might not have changed her clothes yet.

Thoughtfully, I was about to talk to Silvia, but with her personality, that girl was absolutely not mindful of such things. Before I noticed, her hand was already reaching for the door knob.

 

The door opened all too easily.

 

But in my eyes, the motion of that door appeared awfully slow.

Silvia, who stood just in front of me, let out a short cry, and as if responding to it, the ground shook. Looking down at my feet without thinking, I realized that the flower bouquet I was carrying earlier had fallen.

But, mere flowers couldn’t shake the floor. I understood that it was me who was staggering.

 

Finally, Silvia let out a long, long shriek.

 

When I looked up again, I saw Ilya on the other side of the opened door.

Her stagnant gaze was turned toward us. A tuft of her long hair cast a shadow on her white face. Her hair was swaying, and for the first time, I saw that her toes were “floating in the air.”

 

“... No, no, big sister, big sister!!”

 

I passed by Silvia, who kept screaming while sitting on the ground, probably unable to stand up due to the shock, and I entered the room.

I felt that people had started to gather behind me, but I had no time to spare or mind them. I wanted to help Ilya.

 

She seemed to be in pain. Her white lips were half-opened, as if even now she was trying to appeal for something, yet her voice couldn’t come out. ... Because her neck was broken.

There were no doubts that she couldn’t breathe either. A long cord extending from Ilya’s neck was coiled around the chain of the ceiling light.

From the start, I had thought this light was hanging way too low, but I never ever considered it would be used like this. Would anyone have been able to foresee such a thing?

If we didn’t put her down soon, the ornament of the lighting could be damaged, or the cord around her neck might be torn off. If this were to happen, Ilya’s body would fall to the ground and might be injured.

 

That’s why, quickly. I must quickly help her.

 

Trying to stir up my feelings in a hurry, I approached Ilya. Yet, no one behind me followed.

When I turned around to see what the hell they were doing, I saw a red stain spreading at Silvia’s feet. The servants were crowding around her, moving left and right while screaming something. Like, “someone, call the doctor,” or “inform Lord Soleil,” and such. They were all screaming at the same time, saying different things, so I couldn’t really catch their words.

They didn’t seem to have noticed anything else. Whereas Silvia lost all color on her face and slowly fell forward while embracing her stomach. Whether it was due to the pain or because of the mental shock, it was difficult for her to maintain her consciousness.

 

Her voice kept whispering, “big sister, big sister.”  It sounded like she was crying, but such a voice was lost in the ambient noise and chaos.

Trampled by the servants, the white flower wreckages vainly danced in the air.

 

What was I thinking when I picked those flowers? She would surely be surprised but pleased.

That was my expectation. Meanwhile, was Ilya tying that rope around her neck? 

 

“Lady Silvia, please, by all means, do not do anything rash!”

 

Maybe she had finally lost consciousness as she was carried away by several servants. The following moment, all the maids and butlers were gone. Only Ilya and I remained there.

 

The light of the morning sun that entered through the big window shone on her thin body, which cast a shadow inside the room.

Had no one noticed Ilya? No, it was impossible to have not seen her. ... They noticed her and put it off. The one carrying the child of Soleil, the marquis’s heir, was none other than Silvia. It was quite natural for her to be prioritized. It was natural, from a worldwide perspective.

 

But, but...

 

“Ilya.”

 

The girl, who said she kept repeating her life over and over. Who lamented that she could only pursue a sorrowful fate.

To such a girl, I said we must be in some sort of hell. But Ilya didn’t answer anything.

 

Actually, such a hellish place existed.

 

When I reached out, I was able to touch Ilya’s feet, which were floating in the air.

Just as I was pondering how I could take her down, the chandelier chain broke down with a loud noise. Accompanied by a firm weight, Ilya felt right into my arms.

Her eyes were still open. This appearance made it look like she was surprised by something, or that she was straining her eyes to see through something.

When I gazed into these eyes, I saw the reflection of my own face. In the cloudy eyes, I saw my own stagnant face.

 

“Ilya. ... There is no one anymore. So, you can close your eyes now, it’s fine.”

 

I tried to tell her that she didn’t have to see anything else anymore, but my throat shook and my voice couldn’t come out well.

Ilya naturally didn’t answer. Even though she was looking at me, in reality she wasn’t seeing anything. Anyone could understand that she had already passed away.

Still, I ended up hoping she would start breathing again. I hoped that by continuing to call her name, she would finally blink and give me a little smile. That she would tell me, I heard you, no need to call me so much.

 

However, no matter how many times I said her name, she never answered.

 

That’s why... I decided to take her out with me, as I had planned at first.

Carrying her thin and fragile body wrapped in a sheet, I left the mansion. Although I went out from the main entrance dignifiedly and confidently, it was laughable that no one tried to stop me.

I did pass by several servants, but every one of them seemed busy, no one even spared me a glance. It looked like they were preoccupied with Silvia, who had passed out.

 

I continued to walk while carrying Ilya on my back and left the city I had passed through earlier.

Eventually, we entered the mountains, but I kept walking nonetheless. She was so light, it didn’t feel like I was carrying one person. My legs didn’t become heavy, there was no sense of tiredness.

Meanwhile, the sun went down, darkness shallowed everything. When the stars glittered and the moon wrapped us in its light, at that moment, suddenly, I almost cried. But I absolutely mustn’t. At this frustrating thought, I swallowed my breath.

 

“Ilya, look. It’ll be dawn soon.”

 

I didn’t know how long I had walked, but the deep blue sky started to slowly turn gray.

I sat down at the roots of a soaring large tree, which looked like the lord of the mountain, and laid her down. In her eyes, which were looking up vacantly at the air, the morning sun, which had barely started to show itself, was reflected.

I laid down beside Ilya, grasped her cold hand and embraced her body. I didn’t know why I did that. But it might be because Ilya looked cold.

 

However, my hand, which didn’t have any warmth, shouldn’t have been able to warm her up.

 

“Ilya.”

 

Again, I meaninglessly called her name. Then I waited a little. Because it felt like I could hear a reply, I called her name once more.

After several repetitive and meaningless attempts, I closed her eyes. The instant my fingertips touched her soft eyelashes, drops of water fell on her cheeks.

Wondering if they were raindrops, I looked up at the sky, but it hadn’t changed since a while ago, and there wasn’t even one cloud in sight. It was at that moment that I realized I was crying.

 

It’s almost like I’m human, I laughed, and then my tears stopped flowing.

 

At least once in their lives, most humans will experience an excruciating pain that’ll make them want to cover their eyes or scream. An experience that’ll make them think there was no light left anywhere anymore or that they no longer wanted to see tomorrow come.

Yet, tomorrow will inevitably come, and the sun will rise.

 

It will, as long as they are alive.

 

“...... Ilya, it’ll be morning, soon...”

 

I was a doll, so in reality I wasn’t breathing. Yes, I shouldn’t be breathing.

Yet, right now, I couldn’t breathe.

 

“Rya. My black bird.”

 

In the depths of my ears, Emma’s voice echoed. 

 

“You brought me such happiness.”

 

It was the voice of the person who was making such a gentle and serene expression as her life was ending.

I was sure that even Ilya, who had been through so much pain, would one day smile and say, “I was happy,”' like Emma, and leave me behind.

She must have been praying for that.

 

Who would desire such an ending?

Ilya’s room hadn’t been locked. Even though she had tried to sever her own life, she didn’t close her room from the inside, not to mention the external lock that had already been unlocked.

In other words, anyone could open that door at any time. Anyone could have saved her, and yet.

 

Nobody saved her.

 

No one did.

 

“You’ve made me happy...”

 

“Liar... You’re a liar. Emma...”

 

Saying I brought you happiness, it was just a bunch of nonsense.

As I thought, I’m a bird portentous of ill omens. I’m only a bird harbinger of calamity, a bird of misfortune.

 

“After all, she died. ... Ilya... died...”

 

I wanted someone to curse at me. Ilya died because of you! A bird that brings forth misfortune should disappear for good!

But, under the sky where stars had started to twinkle, Ilya and I were alone, there was no one else. If anyone was watching, it would only be God.

 

The God who forsook the humans earnestly struggling to live.

 

I’ve lived a long, long life. It was the first time I resented God so strongly.

 

***********************

 

That’s how my time with her ended—how it should have ended.

 

However, in reality, this incident may have been just the beginning.

 

Chapter 49                                                       Chapter 51

Nocta’s PS:
Dear M readers, here is a dustpan to retrieve the broken pieces of your hearts.



I had a very hard time translating this chapter. Knowing that Crow would find a dead Ilya when he’d come back... and seeing him happily picking flowers for her, hoping to reconcile with her... even the S in me rolled up into a ball in a corner.

Also, I never truly hated Silvia, probably because we always saw her from Ilya’s POV, she didn’t seem so guilty. But Crow’s impression of her really made me want to strike her with the dustpan. 

103 comments:

  1. Well that was even more depressing than I thought it'd be.

    Thanks for translating this.
    Any plans for a new novel in the mean time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not immediately, but maybe around May when I'll have more free time. We have a 4 months summer holiday with my uni, so I need to practice Japanese, else I'll forget everything

      Delete
  2. muchas gracias por traducir
    fue triste

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. And yes, it was one of the saddest chapter for me

      Delete
    2. Triste? Ha sido desgarrador, aqui no puedes odiar a nadie. Y la sensación de impotencia al leer todo esto te ahoga por dentro...

      Delete
  3. The sad news after this chapter cause my heart to break once more. T^T I had to piece my heart together at least 5 times this whole chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost put a warning at the beginning, but I wanted to let you savor the chapter in its full tragedy ^^

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the chapter


    End my suffer please
    My heart can't hold it anymore
    aaaaaa dammmntt you author

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chapter confirms that Crow (best boy) loves Ilya. Ilya x Crow is my fav ship. I hope they will be a couple in final chapter of the story because they deserve a happy ending. ❤
    Also, I'm confused😕 Crow knows Ilya's power? I mean Ilya is reviving after she dies but other people don't know it. So does Crow see Ilya's past lives or does he exist in her past lives?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crow know it, read again ch 48-49 And Ilya mention it

      Delete
    2. I don't think he has romantic feelings for her. It's more like family.

      Delete
    3. I think Crow learn of her power in this life of Ilya, but not in the others. Whether Ilya revives the past or goes to a parallel world, I don't think the other Crow she met know about her power.

      Delete
    4. @Mcdex i'm curious will you say same thing after reading next chapters?!

      Delete
  6. asdlhfdl;kald;kdvbhdao I don't ever remember her killing herself in her memories? ILYA YOU TRICKED MEEEEE!! But seriously?? She... *burst out crying* Crow too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last sentence of chapter 11: "I hung the rope around my neck. The tips of my toes slipped off the chair I was stepping on."

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the update!

    I hope the author is ok and is taking their time with no huge problems ;~;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also hope so. Maybe she is busy, or maybe she needs time to heal from the emotional scar she receive while making her characters suffer? Well, she's been writing since 2015 so I'm not that worried.

      Delete
  8. I think even your dustpan can't pick up all the pieces my heart has shattered into.
    Urgh I want to tear Silvia apart when I read this chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have offered the vacuum cleaner then ^^

      Delete
  9. BECAUSE OF THAT DAMMED AUTHOR I AM DEAD FOR SURE ,THERE ARE NO CHAPTER COMING THIS WEAK OR ANOTHER WEAK .BYE........... SEE YOU IN AFTERLIFE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll ask the shinigami delivery express to send you the next chapter, so that you can read it even in the underworld

      Delete
  10. Sylvia is a true white lotus, anyone would know that what she did is wrong, although I think it could be because her father said she had two women and with each one, a daughter. However Solier never hates it more than in this chapter if he did not love her because he did not leave her. I would like to know Solier's point of view, because he always condemns Ilya, he as marques if he can break the commitment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before reading Chinese novels I didn't realize how infuriating a white lotus could be. Now, I know, and my vision of the world expended. And my sarcastic side deepened.

      Delete
  11. Thanks for translating this novel! it always brings me tears TT_TT I really don't know how this will end but I'm still hoping for a happy ending for Ilya, if that's possible... (I know she died but there has to be another way) I wonder if Crow feigned not remembering her in her lives after that bc he felt guilty or didn't want to bring back sad memories for her... Thanks a lot!
    Nigaria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I personally don't believe this novel will have a HE, but that would be great for Ilya, of course.
      Also for Crow, I think in the other lives he didn't know Ilya. He doesn't remember. After all, only Ilya kept her memories every time she starts over. And in this chapter, Crow said time magic didn't exist, and that Ilyas in different/parallel worlds were recalling their past memories.
      If the world are different, that explains the small differences in each life, like Marianne loving her fiancé or not

      Delete
  12. You know who Ilya reminds me of? Itou Kamotarou from Gintama. Gintama is a hilarious anime (though the first episode is 40 minutes long for some reason, it gets better after about 3 episodes), but honestly some episodes had me crying. I won't spoil anything but Itou also had a sibling who got way more attention than him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, unfortunately I don't watch Gintama. I could never get the motivation to watch everything. The same goes for most of the famous long running series like One Peace, Naruto and Bleach.
      But this Itou must have suffered a lot. I like characters who suffer (when it's well written and there is a emotional backstory, not just torture, naturally, I'm not a psycho... not too much).

      Delete
  13. I am at a loss at weather to like or hate Sylvia. Intially I hated her the moment I found out she had an affair with her sister's husband, but the latest Illa arc that had her standing up and defending her sister made me feel affection for her. However, reading Sylvia's cruelty here makes me want to strangle her. Illa's mother has suffered so much due to Sylvia's mother's selfishness and likewise, Illa has suffered so much due to Sylvia's selfishness in so many worlds. This two facts are consistent in every world.

    I hate how no one seems to care for Illa. If no one else, I hope that Crow becomes her rock.

    I mean, the lady of the house just *died* but all everyone is doing is fawning over the mistress.

    When Crow bought the flowers, my heart was twisting. I was going, oh no, oh no, oh no.

    oh no.

    I love this story too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this story too, and I felt exactly the same as you about Silvia. And when Crow was picking the flowers... aaaaah I was so screaming inside.

      Delete
  14. Fue demasiado triste, estuve llorando desde el comienzo hasta el fin.
    La única hipótesis que puedo hacer es que Cuervo logra pasar por los planos y dimensiones para llegar donde está Ilya, ya que al final se dice que "por fin te encontré princesa", así que ruego por un final feliz para Ilya y Cuervo.

    Muchas gracias por la traducción

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a really heart-breaking chapter, I can't help but think that this is their destiny. For Silvia to be loved and capture Soliel's heart and for Ilya to be hated and left to die. I wonder if this chapter is connected to when Ilya's mother died and Crow appeared, leaving Ilya back in her mother's room again. And that chapter made everything different because Ilya's restart to her next life happens when she's introducing Silvia to Soliel. What if Crow was able to find a way to reverse time to when Ilya's mother was alive? Arrgh, I need answers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope author-sama will solve all your questions one day

      Delete
  16. I wonder what's going through his mind during that one timeline where ilya ran away before marrying soleil, the one where she was a slave

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think the first ~10 chapters made me scream in agony, but this one is only... sad, so that's an almost ... bearable feeling. I am full of hope for next chapters and I hope Illya and Crow will fall in love with each other (ohhh my ship is sailing from a while ago)

    also, thank you SO MUCH for translating this novel, love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love myself too ^^
      Continue to hope, but I personally think this ship has already sunk to the bottom of the sea, along with my hope for a happy ending

      Delete
  18. Thanks for chapter. No Imnot crying somebody cut onions in here (sry for bad english)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, your English is fine, I'm not a native speaker either
      And boku no hero academy is awesome. I agree with this avatar picture

      Delete
  19. Were this a normal villaillainess novel we would surely cheer on Sylvia and rally under the flag of letting people who love each other like Sylvia and Soleil do as their heart want. We would say the actions of Illya at standing in the way between the two to be disgusting or a woman too obsessed with her fiance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the more villainess stories I read, the less I like the naive MC

      Delete
  20. Fuck...i think i cried every chapter. Oh my god, why didni choose to read this?!?!? T.T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's destiny that leaded you there. Suffer with us!

      Delete
  21. This chapter is.. Just hearth breaking... And Goddamn every chapter i just want to scream "Just be happy!" and crow... Crow my boy please if there anything you can do just help this precious little bean ilya, she suffered too much T^T
    And Silvia.. Don't be innocent all the time! Look at reality that you make your big sis suffer! Innocent doesn't always mean good! Ugh and why i still reading this?? My Spirit M like to be tickle i gues...
    Thankyou for translating this piece of hearth breaking macchine... Really thankyou... And i will always waiting for next update.. Welp, Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh crap I cried so much reading this series. I was reading 'I won't be a bother' and someone mentioned that that series resembled this one. I read this thinking maybe it had light-hearted moments too. But nope, no no no.

    I relate so much to Ilya. It's hard living life knowing no one loves you. They care, (up to a point) but they'll never go the extra mile for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't know this one, I'll try it.
      I understand what you feel. It can be so hard to make bonds with people, no matter how much care you show for them, they won't reciprocate. And it's not like you can force people to behave as nicely toward you as you do with them... but that's life

      Delete
  23. I hope her sister and the fiance have a life worse than death, tormented by the visions of ilya past life's.
    To be honest, for me if she really was cared for her sister, she would never approached the fiance. Naive? Innocent? Not at all. A true white lotus who turned the blind eye towards all the things that wouldn't benefit her. When ilya ran away, what she said just made me hate her more.
    She oblivious know her sister on every life loved the fiance. But she turned the blind eye every time. Because it didn't benefit her at all.
    I can't feel compassion towards that type of character. And I can't help but feel sorry for ilya to always suffer like this. I really wish for her to have a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ohhh, maybe the reason why he disappeared for a long time was because he sees himself as a harbringer of calamity

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks so much for this post :P. Just a quick question what is a HE? I've been seeing people commenting about it, but I'm not sure what a HE is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it means "Happy Ending"
      if a story has a HE, it'll end well for the characters ^^

      Delete
  26. Okay, this was a journey. Why do I even need to suffer?? Previously, I thought that Crow was heartless and cold, like truly a mystic character brought to further upset Ilya (so in the prostitute route he baffled me). But now? Reading how he knew he upset her, collected flowers and found the body?? Ufff not cool at all. I'm terrible but seeing how Silvia lost the baby I was "Good! You deserved it!". With Soleil I don't understand anything and a half of what's happening with him, and why he acts that way. Thanks for the dusting comment, it provided a laugh with such a depressing chapter. And obviously, Thank you so much for the translations, even if this story is totally despairing, it's magnificient 💖

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think after this Crow will learn of Ilya living the same time over and over again, that is how he came to help her when she was dying, when she was forced into prostitution but maybe he stays away from her thinking he brings bad luck.

    And Sylvia and Soleil, what brutish and inhumane can they be! even if none of them remember their past lives and the suffering they've caused Ilya, Sylvia falls in love and has relationship with her sister's husband, a sister she apparently loves! and Soleil-the ass, he doesn't have the guts to choose Sylvia and when something happens to her he blames/takes it out on Ilya. Man! if you chose to marry Ilya for the title then atleast treat her better! what kinda GENTLEMAN treats his wife like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh no I cant stop my tears. Its too sad . I cant take it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nocta, you've come along way in bringing angst ridden chapters to us unworthy masochist. Thank ye for thy dedication in translating this beautifully sad tale, bring woes and collecting tears. I humbly prostrate myself to ye~ m(_ _)m and pray there will be another chapter in the near future.

    (In other words, ;___; good job nocta and thanks for the chapter *cries in a corner)

    ReplyDelete
  30. February still no update from author :(

    ReplyDelete
  31. The author updated, go check.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw! I'll read it then translate it
      I apologize in advance thought, it might take some time. I've a very important examination at the end of the month so I'm prioritizing that.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and thank you for letting me know ^^

      Delete
    3. Yeah, it was a shock for me, but I'm glad I checked. Also, you're welcome.

      Delete
  32. this broke my tear ducts. and then author-sama broke my soul. sob.
    thanks for translating cricri

    ReplyDelete
  33. This has been sitting on my "to read" list for what? Months? An year? More?

    Since the previous translator. I had been reading something else on their site, and somehow the cover/illustration kept catching my attention...

    But I have been so tired and heart broken of series being discontinued, that I started to make lists of "buffering" and etc with the intent of only reading series that had a certain number of chapters and that were active.

    After a 200+chapter series having been discontinued with only what? 60? Chapters left because of legal issues and the translators being forced to stop, and desperately needing to procrast.. E-hem. Get my mind off (responsibilities!) Cough, I mean, uni, exams, job and etc, I've been rummaging my lists for something new to read...

    How happy was I to see this had been picked up. Really.
    This series somehow kept calling me. And the fact that it proudly wasn't an otome game or isekai setting, that the author proudly and courageously didn't give in and joined the bandwagon just cause this is now a fad/to get attention/popularity was golden in my eyes.

    If you get a serious and awesome story like this to tell, then tell it straight like it is, dammit.

    No need to transvestite it like one more reincarnation/isekai stories just to try to get some attention, to the point like where, story-wise, it didn't even make sense (like some have been doing).

    If the story is truly good like this one, it still speak for itself, and it'll shine even more, cause it'll have been one of the few ones that had the courage to be itself as do what it had to do, in this (swamp) erm, sea, of the reincarnation/isekai genre.


    Well, ranting side (sorry), after having said all this, you must imagine the surprise, and yes, despair I felt when
    1) read the author was still writing it (Wut. It had an image/cover! I thought it was already in book format. NOOO)
    2) she hadn't write for the past months (NO. NO. NOOOOO. NOT ANOTHER GRRMARTIN PLEASE. PLEASE GOD. I NEED AN ENDING. NO. GOD. WHY)

    Really. I must say I don't consider myself a M. I may like what is it called? Deferred pleasure? Thus why I understand cliffhangers are a must, and that some series aren't as enjoyable/became as great, when without them, or when you read it all are at once.
    But I really don't enjoy suffering, and thought I had grown and became smart.

    I know avoid pitfalls like starting discontinued series, search for longer/more stable series, and such so

    WHY HAVE I FALLEN FOR A TRAP LIKE THIS. I CAN FORESEE I'll SUFFER FOR PROBABLY YEARS FOR THIS SERIES.
    this is too much deferral. I want to go back to the instant pleasure bandwagon NOW.
    give me chocolate adfsffasgaf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. Got carried away T.T

      What I really wanted to say is: thank you a lot for picking this novel. It is a true gem.

      In the sea of what seems formulaic, if not fast food like/disposable (although generally enjoyable) webnovels, having a true, well thought and with depth novel like this is so precious.

      So thanks a lot for your hard work.

      And let's pray the author got what she needed (rest, respite- oh my god, courage??) from this break, and that she'll continue it.

      Cause I really, REALLY haven't given up hope of a true ending coming. (And if not happy then happiER)

      You know, I really wonder where the author is going with all of this.
      The way this chapter ended, it seems Crow is on the cusp of being dragged to another time/timeline.

      Delete
    2. *Hand over imaginary cookies* Here is your chocolate!

      I'm glad you enjoyed reading this story. The good news is that she has posted 3 chapters at the beginning of March, so she's continuing and should know where she is going (I hope, because it's been such a nice story until now)
      The bad news is that I can't translate it before April, cause I'm taking an important, very important exam at the end of the month. Procrastination be gone!
      Hope I'll see you around in the next chapters ^^ have a nice day

      Delete
  34. Damn. I thought I knew what I was getting into when I started reading this, but NOPEEEE

    Many thanks to the awesome Nocta for translating this freakin horrible sob novel for these angsty lovers. Your work in translating this has managed to make a waterfall of tears many times with such elegant writing.

    I just hope this novel will end with a happy ending. If it's true that this is a paralel world, then in at least one world should have Ilya get the happiness she utterly deserve. I will SO hate it if the Author choose the Cliffy end or the No solution end or even just a plain "in this world Soleil is not freakin manipulated by an evil force, his eyes solely look at Ilya. The freakin end". Give some freakin fluff and lovey dovie for Ilya dammit!!! :'((((

    Still got so many questions regarding this novel like what happened to Soleil at that one chapter, did Crow managed to create a magic to jump to other paralel worlds to meet Ilya, what does Ilya's bastard of a father has to say about all the unfair treatment he gave, who freakin put that medicine inside the crazy b*tch's tea, what is Marianne ultimate role in this novel, who made this hellish timeloop?!

    ..... but hopefully Author-san will continue to update soon.

    Excuse my curses, but *sigh* I just can't!!

    Can't wait for the next chapter Author-san! Nocta-san!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one who made the hellish timeloop?

      The Author.

      Delete
    2. Exactly.

      I'm glad you liked it and suffered alongside all of us! It's such a pleasant journey to the kingdom of angst and sadness!
      Indeed, so many questions are left unanswered, but having Crow looking over Ilya might solve some of them. Hopefully.
      I'll be back in April, the author has posted 3 chapters luckily! I'm just too busy in March to do them right away, but well, April will be more fun (or tears) this way!

      Delete
  35. DUCK ME MAN, IM GONNA AGONIZE OVER THIS FOR A WEEK MINIMUM AND THEN GONNA CHECK EVERY FIVE SECONDS FOR AN UPDATE.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Omg theres 3 new chapters that came out this month!!!!!! Aghghhhhhhh yessssss, I can look forward to some new chappies in the near future 🙏🏼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I have to let you down until April unfortunately. I have a very important exam for my future at the end of March, so I won't translate before April.
      But the sunny side is that you'll have 3 wonderful chapters quite quickly after a short wait ^^

      Delete
    2. Good Luck on the Exams, do your best! I'll be patiently waiting, and studying for mine 😭

      Delete
  37. Hey, after catching up to the last chapter, like we all know will be a breaking experience, how about translating I'm Sorry Oniisama? The story is already finished, and I never knew how it ended.
    https://ncode.syosetu.com/n9427cc/

    Or you have already picked up something dark enough to fill our empty hearts?

    ReplyDelete
  38. Translator where are you . New chapters are ready to translate.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I need some time to past so I forget the story a bit and reread this omg. The beginning had me in tears the whole time. I wanna see if rereading it will bring me to tears again.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Nooooo T_T . Why ? ! Its hurt so much , i can feel the pain 😭 . I can't read it anymore 😭 its just so sad , cruel , unfair for them . I want them to be happy and be together .

    ReplyDelete
  41. Well, after reading so many chapters, strangely, it doesn't hurt anymore. My heart doesn't hurt anymore. Maybe because my heart became sand and disappeared after all these sorrows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mwawawa that was probably the goal of the author when she wrote this. Deprive humans from their emotions! Their hope!

      Delete
  42. Jesus, that is god I take my time reading each chapter and in between...my hear...throat...eyes and head can’t handle the heartbreak of each time.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I haven't cried in the past couple of chapters so I thought I've built immunity and I'd be fine.

    I'm not fine.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I already knew they’re gonna find her body BUT STILL IT MADE ME CRY SO MUCH. I can’t stop crying omg. I feel like I cried a decade’s worth of tears just by reading this story holy

    ReplyDelete
  45. My heart! Ahhh my broken heart, tattered and shredded.

    I need hugs

    ReplyDelete
  46. Here you go guys!! This is what y'all want? The situation after ilya's death..


    I can't bring myself to forgive them

    ReplyDelete
  47. Silvia's shameless behaviour makes me wonder what Soleil ever saw in her. She clearly doesn't have understanding of her position or surroundings, she only has her beauty and fake innocence.
    This has been the chapter that has made me shed tears the most, although we had already learned about this part of Ilea's life, seeing it from crow's point of view is even more painful

    ReplyDelete
  48. i dint feel much of anything till now..but this chapter absolutely broke me..how even in death no one cared for her... if Rya was not there...if....he really was not there, may be no one would have even cared about the body for hours ..days..thats so terrible... some humans are so terrible. disgusting

    ReplyDelete
  49. He's not kidding. My heart really break to pieces

    ReplyDelete
  50. I have endured the heartbreaking scenes... until I read this chapter. What am I gonna with this bucket of tears? :(

    ReplyDelete
  51. Oh my gosh... This chapter... I don't know why but this chapter really made me cry a lot... Like reading the next words was so hard. It felt like there was a lump in my throat.


    Seriously, I hate Sylvia with how she behaved like shes actually the madame og the house but wtf..

    She mentioned that it was already unlocked so could that mean that someone already saw her dead body and just lrft it there!?! ��������

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thank you for the translation and the dust pan! Now let me grab my glue gun to repair my glass heart, I won't even bother doing a good job of it knowing I'd just break it again with the next chapters... btw reading this with You Are My Love (English version) from Tsubasa Chronicles playing in loop is just *chef's kiss*

    ReplyDelete
  53. My eyes hurt. Same. I have never really hated Sylvia that much since she really is a "good" person and I understand that feelings are just inevitable. But fuck her. Fuck Soleil. Fuck saving her from getting killed by Saion.

    I had the sudden thought of kicking her tummy and watch what unfolds. I know the innocent child is not at fault and venting it out won't do good but it's so infuriating.

    Even in death, Ilya was ignored and neglected. Poor crow, poor Ilya. AAAAAAAAA I WANNA RIOT

    ReplyDelete
  54. This is the first time I'm commenting on something, this is the first time I've cried so much, ah yes.. This is also the first time I wanna rip my heart out

    ReplyDelete
  55. Now I guess will read how desperate Crow´s search for Illya in her next lives will be. I freaking hate this journey, but I want so badly to see the end. A happy, or at least sane end. I know he´ll find her in the forest, but this is just her third life, and we´ve been through so much since then. I don´t want to see Crow suffer any longer, but oh dear I know he will.

    ReplyDelete
  56. trying so hard to not cry infront of my family rn

    ReplyDelete
  57. does sylvia have no conscience? the audacity of her to be pregnant from his kind sister's husband

    ReplyDelete
  58. NOOOOOOO when I read him picking up flowers especially white ones Ilya liked I could already see the next day.. the angst.. the pain.. the suffering

    ReplyDelete
  59. He brings her flower....her favorites flower....but he bring her flower and she will never know...but he bring her flower... 😭😭😭

    ReplyDelete